Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost Static Linking Woes
From: Brian Dawn (azan00_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-12 16:33:05

Hello everyone,
I am sorry, I did not explain my situation as well as I should have. I have a complete build of boost installed so I had assumed it created static libraries alongside dynamic ones. When I received the "Mixing a dll boost library with a static runtime is a really bad idea..." message I had assumed autolink was to blame because I had assumed it would recognize the static install and thus search for the static libraries. When I disabled autolink I directly linked to "libboost_whatever.lib" as those are the static libraries correct? However that's when I received the heap corruption.

As for the macros... I checked my user & config files, and BOOST_ALL_DYN_LINK was commented out.

>> That suggests a build problem somewhere: do you still have BOOST_ALL_DYN_LIB
defined or something?

By still, do you mean that it is defined by default? Because I had never undefined it.

Does boost complete build both static and dynamic libraries? Because maybe that is my problem.

I appreciate everyone's help.
Thanks,
    -Brian.