Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [BGL] Problem when compiling bgl with boost1.37
From: Andrew Sutton (andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-13 09:22:25

> > Everything was fine here at this step but when running my scripts they
> give me
> > an error in the generation of the Graph object:
> >
> > ERROR:
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> > File "testing_bgl.py", line 403, in ?
> > sh_xml = run_shortest_paths_file(intfile,limit,proteins)
> > File "testing_bgl.py", line 320, in run_shortest_paths_file
> > interactome = Interactome()
> > File "testing_bgl.py", line 23, in __init__
> > self.weights = self.graph.edge_properties['weight'] =
> > self.graph.edge_property_map('float')
> > AttributeError: 'Graph' object has no attribute 'edge_property_map'
> >
> > This script was working before, any idea of why the edge_property_map
> > attribute cannot be set up in this version of bgl??
>
> I don't know -- boost.graph experts have to say.

It looks like your graph doesn't have an edge property map :) I've never
actually used the Python bindings, so this might not translate too well. You
have to create your graphs with all of the properties that they're going to
use later. My guess is that you're not explicitly creating an edge weight
property with the graph, which would lead to this exception.

As a caveat... I don't know if the Python bindings are actively maintained -
I'd guess no. It may be tough to get good answers to your questions.

Andrew Sutton
andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden]