Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [BGL] Problem when compiling bgl with boost1.37
From: Pablo Minguez (pminguez_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-13 10:38:34

Thanks Andrew and Volodya,

I finally fixed the problem of the compilation with Volodya advice and my
scripts work fine with bgl-python-0.9, so don't think I'll go into the other
proble by now :)

Thanks again!

On Thursday 13 November 2008 15:22:25 Andrew Sutton wrote:
> > > Everything was fine here at this step but when running my scripts they
> >
> > give me
> >
> > > an error in the generation of the Graph object:
> > >
> > > ERROR:
> > > Traceback (most recent call last):
> > > File "testing_bgl.py", line 403, in ?
> > > sh_xml = run_shortest_paths_file(intfile,limit,proteins)
> > > File "testing_bgl.py", line 320, in run_shortest_paths_file
> > > interactome = Interactome()
> > > File "testing_bgl.py", line 23, in __init__
> > > self.weights = self.graph.edge_properties['weight'] =
> > > self.graph.edge_property_map('float')
> > > AttributeError: 'Graph' object has no attribute 'edge_property_map'
> > >
> > > This script was working before, any idea of why the edge_property_map
> > > attribute cannot be set up in this version of bgl??
> >
> > I don't know -- boost.graph experts have to say.
>
> It looks like your graph doesn't have an edge property map :) I've never
> actually used the Python bindings, so this might not translate too well.
> You have to create your graphs with all of the properties that they're
> going to use later. My guess is that you're not explicitly creating an edge
> weight property with the graph, which would lead to this exception.
>
> As a caveat... I don't know if the Python bindings are actively maintained
> - I'd guess no. It may be tough to get good answers to your questions.
>
> Andrew Sutton
> andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden]

Pablo Mínguez Paniagua
PhD Student
Bioinformatics Departament
Centro de Investigación Príncipe Felipe (CIPF).
Av. Autopista del Saler 16, 46013, Valencia, Spain
Phone: +34 96 328 96 80 ext:1021
http://bioinfo.cipf.es/