Subject: [Boost-users] rint, the interval library and Visual Studio 2008
From: Stephan Puchegger (stephan.puchegger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-18 04:00:59

Dear group members!

I am currently using the interval library and the following linker
errors pop up:

error LNK2028: unresolved token (0A000596) "extern "C" double __cdecl
rint(double)" (?rint@@$$J0YANN_at_Z) referenced in function "public: static
double __cdecl
boost::numeric::interval_lib::detail::x86_rounding::to_int(double
const &)"
(?to_int_at_x86_rounding_at_detail@interval_lib_at_numeric@boost@@$$FSANABN_at_Z)
Internal.obj Docs.Evaluation

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "extern "C" double __cdecl
rint(double)" (?rint@@$$J0YANN_at_Z) referenced in function "public: static
double __cdecl
boost::numeric::interval_lib::detail::x86_rounding::to_int(double
const &)"
(?to_int_at_x86_rounding_at_detail@interval_lib_at_numeric@boost@@$$FSANABN_at_Z)
Internal.obj Docs.Evaluation

rint does not show up in the MSDN documentation. This seems to be
another example of Microsofts C99 compliance problems if I am not
mistaken. I found a bug in the bug-database (#446: Bugs: MSVC support
(closed: Wont Fix)) but when I try to view the bugreport all I get is a
"Trac detected an internal error: TypeError: a float is required".

Guillaume Melquiond seems to have posted a workaround in
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=107586&aid=1246358&group_id=7586
but I cannot view this either, because this artifact is private and can
be viewed only be groupmembers of a certain group (no idea which one).

Would it not be a solution to simply add an rint implementation to the
interval library?

Best regards

Stephan

--