Subject: [Boost-users] [spirit] real_p fails on negative exponent
From: Jan Boehme (jan.boehme_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-08 06:29:56

Hi,

on my system (RHEL3, libc 2.3.2, gcc 3.2.3, Intel 10.1 which is used to
compile and link) real_p fails to parse real numbers like 1.0E-001 and it is
most likely the negative exponent as 1.0E001 works as expected.
Our investigations brought us to numerics.hpp line 162 where the int parser
which is used by real_p is declared as 'int_parser<T, 10, 1, -1>' with
T=double. I don't see the reason for this yet and
the 'out of the box' int parser 'int_p' itself is declared using
'int_parser<int>'.

Here my questions:
Do I have to expect any problems using int instead double for the real_p
exp_n parser?
Is this a kind of a mistake as even int_p is declared using 'int'?

Thank you very much for your support,
Jan.

p.s.: Yes, I know gcc 3.2.3 isn't officially supported by boost but please
consider helping me even so, thanks.