Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost on windows cmd prompt
From: Dhruva Krishnamurthy (dhruvakm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-08 09:32:29

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 13:17:20 +0530, praveen Buddhi <praveenb_user_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> 2) how to run $BOOST_ROOT/libs/configure on windows command prompt ??

I do not think you have built boost and installed. You first need 'bjam', a tool used to build the rest of boost. Also, the current release of boost is 1.37, I suggest use that unless you have to use the older version.
 You can download bjam source and build it, it is quite trivial. I guess there is a batch file for windows and it is build clean if you have visual studio in the default path. Once you have bjam, go to boost source root folder and build it using bjam. Check the boost build page for more details.

-dhruva

--
Contents reflect my personal views only!