Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Lite serialization lib optimized for performance
From: Sebastian.Karlsson_at_[hidden]
Date: 2008-12-15 07:19:02

I agree, I however tried to first achieve the desired results by just
extending boost::serialization, but without much luck.
boost::serialization is a very large library in terms of source code
and it's pretty hard to wrap your head around the entire library. One
of the motives behind me writing my own also was to gain the learning
experience. My library isn't as robust and well designed as
boost::serialization, but for use cases where performance and archive
size is of importance I think boost::serialization will find it hard
to beat with its current design. Except for a smaller header which
currently only keeps track of null pointers archive size is pretty
much equal to that of a hand crafted solution.