Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Lite serialization lib optimized for performance
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-15 12:39:17

"I think boost::serialization will find it hard
to beat with its current design. Except for a smaller header which
currently only keeps track of null pointers archive size is pretty
much equal to that of a hand crafted solution."

Why would that be? as far as I know an archive contains
absolutely no data which can be eliminated and still have the
system work. Where is the redundacy in the current archives?

Robert Ramey