Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost compile to arm
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-16 05:09:54

leslie lige wrote:

> Thanks for your reply, sorry for give the wrong information, indeed, I'm cross compiling boost for
> blackfin not arm, but I'm trying use arm settings for cross compile, this works when I'm building
> Qt 4.4.x on blackfin. But in boost cross compilation, if I don't manually define __arm__, the
> compilation will never reach source like: #ifdef __arm__

Please say exactly what you did -- specific commands, specific config files etc.

> And my current problem is while building
> gnash to blackfin, the linker said there has no reference of: _sync_fetch_and_add_4, I can grep
> _sync_fetch_and_add_4 in libboost_thread-gcc41-mt-1_37.a.

This is known issue -- gcc does not define this intrinsic, and Boost code makes use of it.
Search mailing list archives -- I think it was discussed and a patch was posted. I do not
know if that patch is available in SVN HEAD

- Volodya