Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [C++] Boost::Regex beginner question
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-20 03:52:56

P.C. wrote:
>> NOTE: the Regex++ we are using was downloaded from the original
>> author's site, not entirely with the Boost library. we can't
>> understand this error. if we downloaded and installed it according to
>> the installation instructions for VC++, how can a function be
>> missing?

That's your problem right there: in fact I no longer have a version for
download on my web pages (www.johnmaddock.co.uk), but there is an old
compuserve web site of mine that keeps getting resurrected that contains a
*very* old pre-boost version of the library. Unfortunately I no longer have
an account or any means of removing that old web site :-(

Please be sure to use the latest Boost version as it contains quite a number
of bug fixes, as well as the function you're looking for,

Regards, John Maddock.