Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Need help with XCode - simple RegEx test app crashes on OS X (Darwin)
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-20 03:58:17

Thomas Tempelmann wrote:
>> I wanted to try out boost for the first time and ran into a basic
>> problem:
>>
>> The regex test app as suggested on the installation page crashes
>> inside the destructor of "match_results".
>>
>> I wonder if the libs created by the boost installer are built in an
>> incompatible manner to what XCode generates from my own test code.
>>
>> I could not find any troubleshooting or special instructions for
>> using boost with XCode, though.

I don't really know what the issue is, but the failure is inside
std::vector's destructor, my guess is this indicates maybe two different
runtime libraries are in play or something?

What I suggest you do is remove the reference to the regex library in your
test app, and instead add the regex source (in libs/regex/src/) directly to
your app. If that then builds and runs without issues then you know the
problem is with binary compatibility somewhere. Then all we have to do is
track down where/why !

HTH, John.