Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost::interprocess on FreeBSD 7
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-20 19:34:29

Andy Wiese wrote:
> Ion,
> Thank you so much for your willingness to help. I will be happy to help
> any way I can to test and debug the FreeBSD configuration if you can
> keep up the suggestions. I have to do this work as a sideline to some
> other major deliverables for the next couple weeks, so I apologize for
> the lag but will try be as responsive as I can.

Ok. I've just finished downloading 3CDs of FreeBSD but I can't tell you
how much time I will need to install it in a virtual machine ;-)

> I tried your suggestion and had these two results:
>
> boost_trunk:
>
> When I switched to trunk I ran into a linking problem that stopped me
> (on both OS-X GCC 4.0.1 and FreeBSD GCC 4.2.1 )

It's a bug, file_mapping::swap was not marked as inline. I've just
solved it in trunk.

> BOOST_INTERPROCESS_FORCE_GENERIC_EMULATION
>
> On FreeBSD with GCC 4.2.1:
> This option did change the behavior. It now throws BAD_ACCESS in
> atomic_cas32, instead of in the pthread mutex. The stack trace from gdb:

Uggh! No ideas of what might be. I'll need to install FreeBSD somewhere
to test this. Thanks for the info, I'll try to bring you some good news
in a few weeks.

Ion