Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost::interprocess on FreeBSD 7
From: Andy Wiese (andyw_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-24 11:39:21

On Dec 23, 2008, at 8:21 AM, Ion Gaztañaga wrote:

> Andy Wiese wrote:
>> Ion,
>> Thank you so much for your willingness to help. I will be happy to
>> help any way I can to test and debug the FreeBSD configuration if
>> you can keep up the suggestions. I have to do this work as a
>> sideline to some other major deliverables for the next couple
>> weeks, so I apologize for the lag but will try be as responsive as
>> I can.
>
> Andy,
>
> I've just committed a fix in interprocess/detail/workaround.hpp to
> properly detect FreeBSD configuration. I've run all the tests in a
> FreeBSD 6 based DesktopBSD VmWare virtual machine. When you have
> time, just update that file and try to run tests.
>
> I suspect NetBSD and OpenBSD will need similar tweaks, but let's
> start with FreeBSD first.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ion

Ion,
Thanks so much! That totally fixes it. My test sets now run with
identical results on OS-X and FreeBSD 7.0 (only two platforms I'm
working on at the moment).

I'm slightly disappointed in performance, but this is the first time I
have used mmapped files heavily and I have barely begun to profile or
optimize the code. I may be back asking some advice or opinions when I
have a better grip on what is happening.

Thank you for Christmas present, I hope you have a good holiday,

Andy