Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Transferring files across a network.
From: Cliff Green (cliffg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-16 00:06:26

> Can anyone give me any pointers? I think I should use boost asio but I
> don't know where to start with it. The tutorial and examples, while
> good haven't provided me with an insight yet!

I would think a combination of Boost.Asio and Boost.FileSystem would do the
job for you. Plus there's been some prototype (and maybe some production
ready) code that does asynchronous file system monitoring (as provided by OS
level facilities) floating around on the Asio mailing list. This could
replace your periodic "directory poll", making it that much more efficient
(if that matters).

Read up on both of the above libraries and ask questions as appropriate.

Cliff