Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Transferring files across a network.
From: Andrew Maclean (andrew.amaclean_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-16 17:03:42

Asio is not just nice, it is elegant, just like most of boost. I have
been using boost for years (since 2000) and pushing its usage here for
that time. However people still reinvent the wheel ... often poorly.
The libraries I use most are threads and filesystem.
I will certainly be using it. I see now that my stumbling block was
integrating the filesystem with asio.

One thing with boost: whenever you use it to solve a problem, I find
that it often exposes new ways of doing things.

Thanks
   Andrew