Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Transferring files across a network.
From: Scott Gifford (sgifford_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-16 15:47:21

"Andrew Maclean" <andrew.amaclean_at_[hidden]> writes:

[...]

> What I am thinking of doing is sending the all the files to a
> directory on the central machine then parsing them there for
> subsequent inclusion into the database.

Just something to think about: On Unix at least, it would be very
simple to do this with rsync and a couple cron jobs. I suspect
compatible programs and similar mechanisms exist on most other OS's.
You may want to look at what higher-level tools you could use to
accomplish this before you delve into the code.

If you do decide to code it up, asio is very nice, and quite fun to
learn.

Good luck!

----Scott.