Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Looking for a book on graph algorithms
From: Andrew Sutton (andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-23 12:27:40

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 12:15 PM, Roger House <rhouse_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I'm looking for a good book on graph algorithms, perhaps something a bit
> different than the usual introductory book.
> For example, I would like an algorithm for finding all paths from vertex v
> to vertex u, not necessarily the shortest
> one or the longest one. Also, algorithms for determining the girth,
> diameter, and other properties of graphs are of
> interest. Or perhaps I should be looking at journal papers? Any pointers
> will be appreciated.

I'm not sure about books on graph algorithms, and (in my experience) journal
papers on graph algorithms aren't generally geared towards implementers.

There are algorithms in sandbox/SOC/2007/graphs that compute girth,
diameter, and several other measures. They were supposed to be integrated
into the trunk pending a mini-review, but it never happened. I may try to
decouple from them the SoC changes to the library and add them to the trunk,
but I probably won't have time for a while.

Andrew Sutton
andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden]