Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Looking for a book on graph algorithms
From: Jonathan Franklin (franklin.jonathan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-27 12:25:59

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 9:32 PM, Raymond Wan <rwan_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> Sorry, I got into the discussion late, but one book that hasn't been
> mentioned is Sedgewick's Algorithms in C++ Part 5: Graph Algorithms. I
> actually have the C version and expect the C++ version to look very similar
> to the C version...

I've got an early printing of the C++ version (first edition), and the code
is only nominally C++. It's basically the sort of C++ you'd expect from a C
programmer in 1992.

That said, it's a fine algorithms book.

And I hear that he has completely revised it in a 3rd edition:
http://www.amazon.com/Algorithms-Parts-1-4-Fundamentals-Structure/dp/0201350882/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1233076805&sr=8-2

Anyone have an opinion on the third edition?

however, I do prefer CLRS over this one...

As do I... At least compared to the 1992 Sedgewick edition that I have.

Jon