Subject: Re: [Boost-users] top posting and other bad habits (OT)
From: Ken Savela (ksavela_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-27 13:25:30

> Am Dienstag 27 Januar 2009 schrieb raindog <at> macrohmasheen.com:
> > I know its a rule, but I think it is dumb. My phone does not even support
> > botting posting for

Just a suggestion but, if you _must_ post from your phone
you could use the GMane web site via your phone's browser.

   http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.user

presents the latest threads.

If your browser really s**ks like my BlackBerry's and won't
allow you navigate from the thread list, you can use a URL something like

   http://post.gmane.org/post.php?group=gmane.comp.lib.boost.user&followup=NNNNN

will bring you to a page where you can follow up to post
#NNNNN. You can get NNNNN by inspecting the link of the
post to which you want to respond.

A pain? Certainly more difficult than doing this from
a full-up workstation (or an iPhone) but I think the result is worth it.

Sorry for wandering off-topic.

Ken