Subject: [Boost-users] BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS problem when C++ Exceptions are disabled
From: rroc (onnepoika_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-29 07:19:33

Hi,
I 'm trying to create a msvc project with C++ Exceptions disabled, as well
as defined BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS and _HAS_EXCEPTIONS=0.

This requires me to define a custom exception routine. All of this goes
smoothly, but there is a problem with boost. Even when the
BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS is set, the following boost files:
exception\diagnostic_information.hpp
exception_ptr.hpp

...are using try-catch blocks and because of this give a warning: warning
C4530: C++ exception handler used, but unwind semantics are not enabled.

Am I using this somewhat wrong or should I just modify the files to for
example always ::boost::throw_exception()?

Thanks,
Johannes Rajala