Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Quickbook] How to create pdf file
From: Max (loadcom_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-30 06:45:41

> > Q1:
> > Should the workflow be so complicated? Is it possible to get simpler?
>
> No, and don't know :-(

Bad news. :-)

> > Q2:
> > I have installed/configured the following stuff:
> >
> > -MikTeX
> > -Doxygen
> > -RenderX XEP
> > -Ghostscript
> > -DocBook-xml
> > -DocBook-xsl
> > -iconv
> > -libxml
> > -libxslt
> > -xsldbg
> > -zlib
> >
> > Are they all must-have's? What are they all really for?
>
> I added a diagram to the wiki yesterday that shows the workflow:
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/BoostDocs/GettingStarted, xsltproc
is
> the main culprit becuase there's no easy installer for it on windows - you
> have to download all the libraries it depends on separately :-(
>
> Of course most Linux boxes have all this stuff by default...

As I'm using WinXP, so I don't have that luck. So do all other Windows
users.
Is it possible to collect all the stuff somewhere in the boost package and
add
a simple tool that can deploy all of them automatically or
semi-automatically?

Anyway, the diagram is a great step forward, at least for me.
Without it, all of the *Book stuff is a mess in my mind. :-)

Thanks again.

B/Rgds
Max