Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Quickbook] How to create pdf file
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-30 08:24:45

>> I added a diagram to the wiki yesterday that shows the workflow:
>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/BoostDocs/GettingStarted, xsltproc
> is
>> the main culprit becuase there's no easy installer for it on windows -
>> you
>> have to download all the libraries it depends on separately :-(
>>

> More questions on the diagram/wiki page:
>
> Q1:
> It seems that Inkscape and SVG Math in the diagram are needed to get the
> pictures in doc appear? If yes, why are they not included in the list as
> given
> in the wiki page?

Currently they're only used by Boost.Math for equations, and the png's and
svg's are in SVN so these tools aren't needed except by that libraries
authors (or possibly some other new library wanting MathML equations). I'll
try and think of a way to make that clearer, or else just remove that
"branch".

> Q2:
> It's said by the page:
>
> <Quote>
> (Don't use version 2.6.32+ of libxml2, there's a bug which breaks doxygen
> import, 2.6.30 works. Version 2.7.x seems to work OK too, so maybe just
> use the latest versions again now?)
> <UnQuote>
>
> I'm using 2.7.2 for windows, and there seems not to be any problem. Does
> this imply that it could be change to:
>
> (Don't use version 2.6.32+ of libxml2, there's a bug which breaks doxygen
> import. Use the latest version.)
>
> or even have it deleted?

Maybe: the bug report is still open, and I don't know enough about the issue
to tell whether it's been accidently fixed in the latest version, Daniel do
you know about this?

John.