Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost books [was RE: Hi]
From: Chandra Kumar (chandra.kumar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-06 08:21:24

> On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 10:38 AM, Björn Karlsson

> <Bjorn.Karlsson_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> > I'm very happy to hear that you still find my Boost book (Beyond the

> C++ Library - An Introduction to Boost) useful. I agree that a new

> revision is needed, but have to admit that I don't currently have one

> planned.

> > Also note that there are a couple of other Boost books out there:

> > * C++ Template Metaprogramming: Concepts, Tools, and Techniques from

> Boost and Beyond, by David Abrahams and Aleksey Gurtovoy.

> > * The Boost Graph Library: User Guide and Reference Manual, by Jeremy

> G. Siek, Lie-Quan Lee, and Andrew Lumsdaine.

> > Keep reading!

> > Best regards,

> > Bjorn Karlsson

> Thanks for a good book. My copy's now sitting on a colleague's desk

> who seems to be finding it useful also.

> Agree that C++ Template Metaprogramming is a good book. I read that

> one late last year pretty much start to finish on a week's holiday in

> Menorca, Spain. I have a very understanding partner :) Trouble is I

> don't have an immediate use for the techniques presented in the book

> so I'll not use it and consequently I'll forget it. Maybe I'm too set

> in runtime dispatch ways? The whole thing led nicely to a discussion

> of DSELs and Boost.Spirit which is why I want to use Spirit2 so much

> as I have a large variety of file formats I want to parse for an

> upcoming application.

> Learning the Boost Graph Library is on the horizon for me too...

> Regards,

> Pete

Another boost book we are expecting is boost proto. It is a great library.

So far, I am referring to the link proto_doc_pdf <http://www.boostpro.com/vault/index.php?action=downloadfile&filename=boost_proto-1.37.zip&directory=PDF%20Documentation&> for the nice pdf documentation.

May be, Eric will oblige us by penning down the greatest library in boost: proto in a book form in very near future.

Thanks,

Chandra

http://member.acm.org/~cs9in