Subject: [Boost-users] compiling Boost with STLport
From: Kevin Li (unixcc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-12 22:30:57

Hi,

I have a question about compiling Boost 1.38.0 with STLport.

According to the document of Boost.Build, we can do following things:
(1)modifying user-config.jam to point directories about STLport;
(2)adding stdlib=stlport to bjam command;
Using this method,We can compile Boost 1.38.0 with STLport supported. There is a 'p' in the libraries' name.

But, I had a problem today. I recompiled Boost without STLport and checked there isn't a 'p' in libraries' name.
When I compiled my program there is a error: can't link to stlport.5.2.lib

At the end, I took off STLport's path from $INCLUDE_PATH (at the first) and compiled Boost again. Then I compiled my program successful.

So, I think if we put STLport's path to the first of $INCLUDE_PATH when compiling Boost. It will links STLport too, but there is a 'p' in the libraries' name.

I need your help.

PS: I use MSVC 8.0 on Windows XP.

Sincerely

Kevin Li