Subject: Re: [Boost-users] compiling Boost with STLport
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-13 01:59:37

Kevin Li wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a question about compiling Boost 1.38.0 with STLport.
>
> According to the document of Boost.Build, we can do following things:
> (1)modifying user-config.jam to point directories about STLport;
> (2)adding stdlib=stlport to bjam command;
> Using this method,We can compile Boost 1.38.0 with STLport supported. There is a 'p' in the
> libraries' name.
>
> But, I had a problem today. I recompiled Boost without STLport and checked there isn't a 'p' in
> libraries' name. When I compiled my program there is a error: can't link to stlport.5.2.lib
>
> At the end, I took off STLport's path from $INCLUDE_PATH (at the first) and compiled Boost again.
> Then I compiled my program successful.
>
> So, I think if we put STLport's path to the first of $INCLUDE_PATH when compiling Boost. It will
> links STLport too, but there is a 'p' in the libraries' name.

Sorry, why do you think the behaviour you get is wrong. If, when compiling *your own program*,
you add STLport to the front of include path, then your program will use STLport, and you
need stlport .lib file too -- which you either don't have or you have in a directory that the linker
does not look in. I don't see anything wrong here. Could you clarify what are you trying to fix
here?

- Volodya