Subject: Re: [Boost-users] FindBoost.cmake
From: Esben Mose Hansen (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-16 03:22:20

On Sunday 15 February 2009 19:41:08 Ruediger Berlich wrote:
> > FindBoost.cmake is maintained by the CMake people, At least it was
> > installed by Ubuntu together with Cmake 2.6.2. Are you sure it is not
> > already in something like /usr/share/cmake-2.6/Modules ?
>
> I do not really believe that the Boost-module that comes with CMake is
> centrally maintained by the CMake guys - instead it has likely been
> contributed by the community.

I must disabuse you of that notion. For proof, look at the changelog for 2.6.2
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-buildsystem/2008-September/005068.html
(sorry about the link to a mailing list, I'm too lazy to do better than a
simple google search :) ) FindBoost is mentioned several times.

> And according to my experience it is also not
> entirely bug-free (try installing two Boost versions in different
> directories: it mixes up Boost 1.36 and 1.38 in the link phase for me), nor
> easy to use. Hence my question.

I'm sure they accept both patches and bug reports. Why reinvent the wheel?
Don't tell me you like to write CMake modules for fun ;)

--
kind regards, Esben