Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Linking Boost in Code::Blocks
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-20 21:22:18

AMDG

mothdragon wrote:
> Well thank you so much for pointing out that I was somehow using the wrong
> boost version! I have eradicated that version from my system and I've
> updated the included libraries and paths within Code::Blocks so that is no
> longer the problem however i am still getting the same type of errors...
>
> undefined reference to
> `boost::serialization::detail::extended_type_info_typeid_0::less_than(boost::serialization::extended_type_info
> const&) const'|
>

> ... I'm really tired of looking at this... It all looks like a big blob to
> me now cuz it never seems to change... I can't be the only one out there
> with this problem... can I?

Somehow, you are still using an old version of Boost. In 1.36 less_than was
renamed to is_less_than. Are you sure that you actually recompiled the
object file(s)
in question? I don't know whether this is a problem with Code::Blocks,
but sometimes
changing include paths doesn't force files to be rebuilt.

>> It won't help. The functions in question should come from
>> libboost_serialization*.
>> The real problem is a boost version mismatch. It appears that the file
>> obj/Debug/Griffin RPG V2.o was compiled against boost <= 1.35.
>> Recompile it and any other old files and you should be good.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe