Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Graph] Using a bit-based ajacency matrix.
From: Andrew Sutton (andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-25 08:19:09

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 12:13 PM, Thorsten Ottosen <
thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Does anybody have experience with the above. That is,
> to represent the graph as a bit-based ajacency matrix, and
> then use that together with Boost.Graph?

Not specifically. Building at bitmap-based adjacency matrix shouldn't
actually be too difficult, if you're considering it as a space-optimization
of the adjacency matrix. Just overload the same set of functions for the
adjacency_matrix.

> I'm thinking that Boost.Graph will not exploit this
> representation optimally. Am I correct?

Maybe, maybe not - it depends on your meaning. The efficiency of BGL
algorithms depends on the efficiency of the overloads you provide.

Andrew Sutton
andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden]