Subject: [Boost-users] [program_options] Getting access to the remaining argv
From: Ruediger Berlich (ruediger.berlich_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-10 05:00:39

Hi there,

I have a program ("A") that calls other, external programs ("B"). A can get
a number of command line options, which are parsed with the help of the
program_options library. B may also accept options (which are possibly
defined by other people and not known to me in advance). Thus I want to
pass all those options that are not known to A on to B, in the hope that
they are needed for that program.

Is there a way to retrieve the remaining argv string, with all
options "known" to A removed ? Or should I better invent a flag of the
following kind for A

--external-options="-a 1 -b 2 -c 3"

whose value is passed on to the external program ?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ruediger