Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [program_options] Getting access to the remaining argv
From: Francois Mauger (mauger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-10 09:34:13

Hi

Just a comment, no help sorry!
Some programs behave with command lines argument organized like:

   shell> A -a -b -c -- -x -y -z

where -a -b and -c are options for A
and (after the --) -x -y -z are for B.

Unfortunately, I don't know if such mechanism is implemented
within program_options. If so, this is what you want and I'm
interested too!

regards
frc

--
 >>> Ruediger Berlich a écrit :
> Hi there,
>
> I have a program ("A") that calls other, external programs ("B"). A can get
> a number of command line options, which are parsed with the help of the
> program_options library. B may also accept options (which are possibly
> defined by other people and not known to me in advance). Thus I want to
> pass all those options that are not known to A on to B, in the hope that
> they are needed for that program.
>
> Is there a way to retrieve the remaining argv string, with all
> options "known" to A removed ? Or should I better invent a flag of the
> following kind for A
>
> --external-options="-a 1 -b 2 -c 3"
>
> whose value is passed on to the external program ?
>
> Thanks and Best Regards,
> Ruediger

François Mauger
Département de Physique - Université de Caen Basse-Normandie
courriel/e-mail: mauger_at_[hidden]
tél./phone: 02 31 45 25 12 / (+33) 2 31 45 25 12
fax:        02 31 45 25 49 / (+33) 2 31 45 25 49
Adresse/address:
   Laboratoire de Physique Corpusculaire de Caen (UMR 6534)
   ENSICAEN
   6, Boulevard du Marechal Juin
   14050 CAEN Cedex
   FRANCE