Subject: [Boost-users] Jesus Built my Template :)
From: Hostile Fork (hostilefork_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-13 23:33:03

> In Christ,
> Steven Watanabe

Hello Steven,

I recently signed up for the boost mailing list. I'm no template
metaprogramming expert, :) I just wanted to announce a couple of
things I was working on which might be interesting to fellow boost-
library-users. As it is such a high traffic list, I probably will not
be able to read it for very long...too many messages! But for the
moment, I'm watching what goes by and enjoying learning about some of
the ways people are working.

While reading, I've noticed you sign your messages "In Christ". I
take it by your choice to do so that you are inviting questions or
conversations about your religious beliefs. :) One thing I wondered
was what effect this has had on your beliefs about software. Have you
written anything on this topic? A casual search on Google did not
find any public essays attributed to you.

(Don Knuth, for instance, has Things a Computer Scientist Rarely Talks
About: http://www.amazon.com/Things-Computer-Scientist-Language-Information/dp/1575863278
  )

The ties between religious/moral beliefs and conduct in technology
pursuits is a subject of interest to me. So if you have anything
you'd like to share I would read it.

Thank you!
Brian
Los Angeles, CA
http://hostilefork.com

(P.S. Subject is an play on words of a Ministry song title, "Jesus
Built My Hotrod", which I listened to when I was much younger: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_Built_My_Hotrod
  )