Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Seekg on a gzip'd file...Is this possible?
From: Cory Nelson (phrosty_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-14 00:05:35

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 7:59 PM, Gerrick Bivins
<gbivins_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi Steven,
> Thanks for the response. Does that mean that the gzip_decompressor in boost
> doesn't' support seeking or does gzip in general not support seekeing? Any
> suggestions for working around this problem?
> Gerrick

Gzip steams can only move forward. I see no reason why at least this
couldn't be supported other than most people expect seek to be
instant, whereas gzip will have to decompress all the way to that
point. Does seek have some complexity requirements that make this a
bad idea?

--
Cory Nelson