Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost.Graph set of edges
From: Michael Fawcett (michael.fawcett_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-16 17:30:37

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 5:15 PM, Juan Antonio Farré Basurte
<jafb_at_[hidden]> wrote:

Please try not to top post per guidelines. I've lost the attributions
unfortunately, but fixed the formatting a little.

>> I meant for OutEdgeList, however I went back and tried vecS for
>> EdgeList as well and all my tests still passed and my program output
>> was still correct. Perhaps this was corrected in code but the docs
>> weren't updated?
>
> I don't think so... I'm working with version 1.38 and I had a std::map with
> edge_descriptor keys.
> I passed this map, wrapped as an associative_property_map, and added to a
> dynamic_properties object, to graph-reading functions.
> When I traversed the map contents to do something useful with it, looks like
> the descriptors where invalid. In some cases it just looked to do nothing.
> In other cases I got segmentation fault. When I changed to listS, everything
> worked all right.
> In the documentation it just says that it's "not guarranted" to work. And
> looks to be true. Works in some cases and not in others.

It sounds like something assumes that those descriptors will not be
invalidated unless removed. Maybe Andrew can chime in?

I would guess it's working for me by accident since I'm never removing
anything from the graphs I create. I'll make sure to keep my usage to
listS for now.

Thanks for the info,

--Michael Fawcett