Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [graph] How to find out at compile time if a graph has some concrete internal property?
From: Juan Antonio Farré Basurte (jafb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-19 14:01:39

> there is a compile error when trying to get a particular value from a
> nonexistent member of a bundled property map. Is
that a case that is
> important to you? There are several Boost graph algorithms that make a

Thanks a lot for your detailed
answer :)
No, for the moment, that case is not important to me, as, for the moment,
the only real need I have is to find out whether a
given graph has the internal
vertex-index property that, for example, adjacency_list with vecS for
vertex list has.
Based on this
information, I'll directly invoke algorithms
that need that property, or I'll build a property_map with assigned indices
for vertices and
pass it to the algorithm.
Right now I always do this last option, but it would save running time,
if I could detect when this property
already exists,
so that I don't have to create the property map, which takes linear time.
Cheers,

Juan