Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Integrating boost into project version control
From: Damien Hocking (damien_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-24 12:56:29

Kenneth,

On our project system which is based on Subversion and SCons we have the
whole Boost library source and the compiled binaries under version
control. Boost isn't rebuilt as part of the SCons build pass, we have
shell scripts (Linux, OSX) or batch files (Windows) that devs can invoke
if they want or need to. This is a bit cumbersome on the initial
checkout, but it does give the devs access to everything they need to
compile the project. If a change in Boost compiler flags or defines is
required then everyone gets the changes on their next checkout without
having to rebuild it all themselves.

I've also worked with other organisations that have the Boost source and
platform binaries on a network share, and not part of the version
control system.

Damien