Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [MPL] MPL use cases overview
From: Noah Roberts (roberts.noah_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-25 16:54:32

Olivier Tournaire wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am currently reading "C++ template metaprogramming" and I am very
> interested in the MPL provided by boost. However, I am curious on how
> users integrate this library in their developments. Please feel free to
> post not only code snippets, but also description of your usages of the
> MPL !

We make heavy use of the boost::units library, including our own
additions to wrap up user unit conversions, and developed a type
description library that can be used to implement runtime reflection and
MPL generated edit controls in a GUI.

The MPL part is just one aspect of the overall system though. You need
more techniques, only some talked about in the MPL book. However, if
you learn about how some of the Boost libraries are made you can pick
these techniques up. A couple in particular are boost::any and
boost::function<>.