Subject: [Boost-users] [boost][system] Linking problems with C++0x, boost 1.38, Intel C++ 11.0 on windows
From: Jesse Perla (jesseperla_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-29 21:46:48

Just to see if it was possible and if I could use "auto", I tried to compile
my program with /Qstd:C++0x on Intel Windows 11.0.

I am using boost::filesystem (which I assume uses boost::system). I did not
recompile these binaries with this flag turned on (partially because I don't
know how to mess with bjam or if I needed to mess with settings).

The only thing that appears to be failing is linking to boost system. I get
the following unresolved externals:

1>sandbox.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "class
boost::system::error_category const & __cdecl
boost::system::get_system_category(void)" (?get_system_category_at_system
@boost@@YAABVerror_category_at_12@XZ) referenced in function ___sti__$E
1>sandbox.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "class
boost::system::error_category const & __cdecl
boost::system::get_generic_category(void)" (?get_generic_category_at_system
@boost@@YAABVerror_category_at_12@XZ) referenced in function ___sti__$E

I thought maybe automatic linking was buggy, so I tried to add the following
to linker inputs, but no luck: libboost_system-iw-mt-gd-1_38.lib

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Jesse