Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [serialization] Multiply definedsymbol:guid_initializer
From: Robert Dailey (rcdailey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-03 13:54:35

Also, I'm a bit confused about something else Robert.
All along we've been saying that if the code in the translation unit is not
used, it may be stripped by the linker. What code exactly is being stripped?
I mean, I create my classes before I serialize them and I'm calling member
functions on these instances. So for sure the translation unit is being
"entered" before serialization even begins. Does this not meet the
requirements?

Is the problem that the code generated by BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT() and
BOOST_CLASS_TYPE_INFO() is not being used, and thus stripped?