Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Determining thread existence
From: Jeremy Rottman (rottmanj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-08 13:44:59

What I am trying to do is remove threads from the thread group after
they have run. So that when my daemon iterates it will start new threads
if none exist.

Here is my current code modified so that it will build without any extra
dependencies.

#include <boost/thread/thread.hpp>
#include <boost/bind.hpp>
#include <sstream>
#include <string>

using namespace std;

int sayHello(int x){
    cout << "Hello world from thread: " << x << endl;

    return 0;
}

int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {

    boost::thread_group Tg;
    cout << "Thread Size Before: " << Tg.size() << endl;
    for(int i = 1; i < 25; i++){
        //dmParse parse;
        //Tg.create_thread(boost::bind(&dmParse::onInit,parse,i));
        Tg.create_thread(boost::bind(sayHello,i));
    }
    cout << "Thread Size: " << Tg.size() << endl;
    Tg.join_all();

    cout << "Thread Count After:" << Tg.size() << endl;
}