Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost Graph Library documentation unclear
From: Andrew Sutton (andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-26 15:54:46

> And I'm getting compiler errors that vertex_index is not a member of my
> class RegionProperties. I suppose this means that filtered_graph hides the
> vertex_index attribute of the underlying graph, even though I'm not
> filtering the vertexes at all? Can I use the returns of source and target as
> *if* they were indexes?

It's not a member of your class. It's a member of the vertex stored by the
graph, which is only accessible via the get() accessor. You could write, for
example:

typedef property_map<Graph, vertex_index_t>::type IndexMap;
IndexMap indices = get(vertex_index, g);
size_t v1 = get(indices, source(*ei, g));
size_t v2 = get(indices, target(*ei, g));

Also, do source and target refer to the two different ends of an undirected
> edge? That's another thing I wasn't sure about from the docs. Seemed
> reasonable, but I wish it were stated.

Yes. It's written somewhere in the documentation, but it isn't obvious, and
I forget where exactly.

Andrew Sutton
andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden]