Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost (1.38) on Intel Compiler (11.0)
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-30 11:30:20

> Hey there,
> Was curious if someone can answer for me, does Boost support the intel
> compiler? I seem to be having some trouble linking to the libraries that
> are created when I "bjam" on Mac OSX using the Intel compiler. It builds
> the libraries as you would expect, and a whole bunch of them get dropped
> into the "lib" folder. In VC++, I give the linker this path, and it finds
> the libs, just fine.
>
> However, When I compile my application (with XCode), it can't find the
> libs.
> It would appear that the <boost/auto_link.hpp> is configuring the lib name
> to have a toolset of "iw" and not "il", as expected for Mac OS X.

I don't believe that the Intel Linux and MacOSX compilers support
auto-linking at all: it's an MSVC specific feature really.

Does it complain that it can't find the libraries, or simply give unresolved
external error messages? If the latter then you will have to supply the
library file name on the command line just like you do with gcc.

HTH, John.