Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost Serialization + Forward compatibility [wasRe: boost::serialization and PHP websites]
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-30 16:36:07

  "Brian Wood" <woodbrian77_at_[hidden]> wrote in message news:ddf6f4ca0905301201o6172f2b2xe6ef7e9af10ef84d_at_mail.gmail.com...
  Robert Ramey writes:
> Sohail Somani wrote:
>> I also notice you have not mentioned anything about the 70 billion
>> dollar bailout for the serialization library and spreading the
>> wealth. I assume the cheque's in the mail.
> I purposely overlooked that comment. It seemed to be an
> attempt at some sort of criticism.

  I was pointing out how quickly things changed in the automobile
  industry. I don't think anyone would argue that the computer
  industry is less volatile than the automobile industry.
  I'm also dismayed by the government's investment of billions of
  dollars in General Motors. (I'm not sure if the amount is closer
  to 50 billion or 70 billion.)

> It's absolutely amazing to
> me how much I've been criticised (many times personally)
> for making this library.

  I'm not sure if you are referring to me there. I have at times
  pointed out what I consider to be weaknesses of the
  serialization library. I don't think I've criticised you personally.

  Maybe I'm just oversensitive. Being mentioned in the same sentence
  as one of largest government fiascos of all time didn't seem to me
  as be complementary. This is another good reason for overlooking this
  stuff as its intention isn not always clear and its not relevant in any case.

  It could be worse. I thank my lucky stars that that the serialization library
  was not (to my knowledge) used in the search for weapons of mass
  destruction.

  Robert Ramey

  Regards,
  Brian Wood