Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost Serialization + Forward compatibility [wasRe: boost::serialization and PHP websites]
From: François Mauger (mauger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-31 02:26:09

Hi,

[It's quite early here, it's sunny, a little chilly
 and time for brand new ideas!]

> It could be worse. I thank my lucky stars that that the serialization
> library
> was not (to my knowledge) used in the search for weapons of mass
> destruction.

Unfortunately, as the serialization lib is very good stuff,
people working on such nasty things would be very efficient using it!
In case they could discover this Robert's jewel,
maybe one could add some bugs in it to discourage such initiative!

Typically, a few hidden macros in the serialization.h header could be:

  BOOST_CRASH_ON_MASSIVE_DESTRUCTION_WEAPON_SEARCHING (this_project)

and

  BOOST_CRASH_ON_MASSIVE_DESTRUCTION_WEAPON_MAKING (this_project)

Also we could add (that does not hurt):

  BOOST_SAVE_US_CAR_INDUSTRY (this_consumer)
or
  BOOST_ENJOY_YOUR_BIKE (this_programmer)

and maybe more:

  BOOST_SAVE_CLIMATE (this_world)

  BOOST_SEND_70_BILLION_DOLLARS_TO_ROBERT_RAMEY (this_us_president)

and its variant:

  BOOST_SEND_70_BILLION_DOLLARS_AT_LEAST_TO_ROBERT_RAMEY (this_us_president)

but I have no idea how this could be implemented! ;-)

Enjoy Boost! (self satisfactory macro: BOOST_ENJOY_BOOST)

... and thanks again to you Robert!

regards
frc

--