Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Does Boost.Test support std::wstring log
From: Tan, Tom (Shanghai) (TTan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-07 22:06:10

>> Is it possible to use Boost.Test macros with std::wstring directly
like
>> this:
>> BOOST_TEST_MESSAGE(L"test log"); ?

>Boost.Test internally uses std::ostream. So if you want above to work
>you'll need to supply appropriate output method.
>
>Proper wide string support is not implemented yet.
>
>Gennadiy

Thanks for the answer, Gennadiy. While I could wrap it with another
layer, it'll be great if it's a built-in feature, so that I won't copy
some additional code around while using boost.test, esp. that these days
I started every little project with these 2 lines:
#define BOOST_TEST_MODULE my
#include <boost/test/unit_test.hpp>

Is this decision out of convenience or any implementation obstacle.
Specifically, what would be the problems if std::basic_ostream<Ch> is
used instead?