Subject: Re: [Boost-users] C++ Framework Libraries for Programming Popular databases
From: muhammadchang (kennethlaskoski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-11 03:56:10

I recently took part in a project to create a full POS solution for a major
European retailer. The main requirement was software uniformity to
compensate a wild range of legacy installed hardware. We have successfully
used a library called DTL, which uses concepts like containers and iterators
as a higher level interface to a mundane ODBC driver, in our case targeting
a Postgres database. DTL isn't perfect, of course. We still have to cope
with the infamous "impedance mismatch", and the C++ language, by its very
nature, make the gap even larger. Well, what I want to say is that, if I was
to develop a Boost.DB lib, I would take a very careful look at DTL, to get
as close as possible to the relational paradigm. Perhaps even closer than
Java.

http://dtemplatelib.sourceforge.net/

Regards,
Kenneth