Subject: [Boost-users] boost::test test case levels
From: Anatoli Sakhnik (sakhnik_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-11 05:36:21

Hi there!

Our automatic tests are of two kinds: short (just like
BOOST_CHECK_EQUAL(2*2, 4);), and complicated, which process bulks of
random data (for instance, to check if a map with random numbers is
always sorted). So we’d like to select which test cases to run: either
simple ones or all.

I see two ways:

1. Default variants release, debug build and run only simple test
cases. We define another feature (or even a build variant) that builds
and runs all the tests. This will require additional build efforts,
and we’d like to select test cases in run-time.
2. We try to get use of --run_test=??? and test case name mangling.
This is a hack, of course.

Is there another way to select test cases in run-time?

— Anatoli