Subject: [Boost-users] Using boost with windows mobile 5 or 6.
From: Matt Schuckmann (matt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-23 15:03:41

I'm currently trying to use boost in my Windows Mobile 5/6 (aka WinCE)
project and I'm having some real problems. Note the project is a port of
a C++ library that is currently used in a Windows application and a
Linux application.

First let me say I'm using boost 1.37 and Visual Studio 2005 (VC 8), I'm
not currently using STLPort.

The specific libraries I'm trying to use are Thread, State machine and
to some extent Date Time (mostly because Thread makes use of date_time)

I'm not finding much of concrete info on how to go about doing thiss.
The most help has come from the VeecoFTC regression build setup but that
just got me to the point of building the boost library for the thread
project.
However, when I try to use thread in my project I run into problems
specificly:
* Wince does not implement std::localtime or std::gmtime which are used
by the boost versions of localtime and gmtime in c_time.hpp. (Thread
appears to depend on this via the date_time library)
* Wince does not implement the standard library file locale. Most of the
problems caused by this are solved be defining BOOST_NO_STD_LOCAL
however the files compare.hpp and replace.hpp in boost/algorithm/string/
both don't respect the BOOST_NO_STD_LOCAL and they use std::locale a lot.

Has anyone else gotten round these problems and if so what did you do?
I've never been clear on why many people appear to be using STLPort with
boost with winCE (or at least the VeecoFTC build is) is that something
I should be doing? If so can I do it just for my WinCE builds?
Does anybody know if I'd have more luck with boost 1.39 or even
upgrading to Visual Studio 2008 (VC 9)?

Thanks
Matt Schuckmann