Subject: Re: [Boost-users] building boost with unsupported compiler
From: McLemon, Sean (Sean.McLemon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-24 05:44:50

Yep we really do have a completely different compiler\toolchain from any
currently present, with different switches to GCC, different extensions
for compiled objects etc.

Of course bjam doesn't need to be built for the target architecture :)
It's just that while poking around it looked like bjam needed to have
some knowledge about the toolchains it was building for and I suspected
that the .jam files in the directory I mentioned earlier were a means to
do this. Effectively I want to take steps to make our tools one of the
"Builtin tools", mentioned in the help here:
http://www.boost.org/boost-build2/doc/html/bbv2/reference/tools.html, so
our customers can build Boost with our tools without any fuss.

- Sean