Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Status of Boost.Extension from sandbox?
From: Rex Kerr (rexkerr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-24 17:25:44

> If you have any trouble compiling the examples or doing the tutorials, or
> have a question about advanced usage, I am quite available to help with that
> (that's easier than refactoring code).

Thanks for the offer and the feedback.

I do have one other concern, and that is API stability. If I do decide to
go ahead with boost.extension and it is eventually accepted into boost
proper then upgrades of boost versions means potential major refactoring of
all components that use plugins. Having gone through this pain in the past
with other boost libraries it is a high level concern. While an API change
is expected now and then, having to rewrite too much code at once isn't
desirable! Any advice on how to protect against this?