Subject: [Boost-users] [Interprocess] [AIX 6.0] Abort and Segfault when calling destroy
From: Thomas d'Erceville (gaston.azerty_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-01 10:42:19

Hello,

Is there any support for boost on AIX 6.0? Because I got some trouble using
boost::interprocess in this system.
Actually, the rbtree_best_fit aborts (or Segfaults) when I try to destroy an
object previsouly created by a construct.

Here below a sample that aborts on AIX 6.0, compiled with boost 1.37:
* managed_mapped_file mapfile(bi::create_only, address, size);
   Message * message =
(mapfile.construct<Message>(bi::anonymous_instance))();
   mapfile.destroy_ptr<Message>(message);*

This abort message is :
*Assertion failed :priv_is_allocated_block(block), file
/..../boost/interprocess/mem_algo/rbtree_best_fit.hpp, line 1280*

The full example is given by the linked file to this mail.

I tried to replace the *rbtree_best_fit* by a *simple_seq_fit* but it
doesn't change anything (except the abort message).

Currently I can't use boost 1.38 or 1.39 because it can't compile it with
xlc_r on AIX 6.0. So if someone has any option to solve this problem I take
it!

Best regards.

Thomas d'Erceville